Important News and Updates from LCHS
We really miss all of our students. We hope you all are well and adjusting to this new social distancing we are all experiencing. We know this is super hard on kids and families and we wish it were not the case and that we could be together at school. That being said, we are trying to make the best of the situation. As you know, schools are not open until at least 4/17 with the hope of reopening on 4/20. In the meantime we are working on two main things to support student learning at LCHS.
· Connecting with Crew Teachers: This week crew teachers are reaching out to parents and students. They will help students stay on top of their online learning and make sure that they are getting what they need to remain successful students during this time out of school. They will set up a weekly call or check in with your student during this time. Please make sure you connect with them as they will be your main contact at school while we are out.
· Online Learning Support: Starting on Monday, 3/30, teachers will post work in Google Classrooms. Every class students are enrolled in will have a google classroom with work posted each day. Students will receive credit for this work and learning while we are out of school. Students can access these classrooms on their chrome books or on smart phones.
Here are a few other notes of things we imagine you are curious about:
· Upcoming Events: At this point, we are planning to be back at school on April 20th, but that may not be the case. We will keep you informed of upcoming cancelations to sporting events, concerts and the possible cancelation of end of the year events depending on what happens state wide.
· Items at School: We know some students have musical instruments or other items at school they may need to get. We will look at a possible day next week when students can come in safely respecting all social distancing norms.
· Attendance: Attendance will be taken based on students completing work on google classroom. If they are sick and can’t do the work, please let their crew teacher know and we will make sure teachers know to excuse them.
· School Meals: We are continuing to support our community with school meals. Please check here https://www.lakecountyschools.net/blog/2020/03/20/update-changes-to-lcsd-meal-distribution/ for more information on this program.
Thanks. This is new for all of us—parents and students—so please reach out to me or your student’s crew teacher with thoughts or concerns as we navigate this global pandemic from our little mountain town. We miss our students and are eager to connect with them in these ways while we wait to be back to normal school.