Important News for DOOR Program Students!
“Para leer esto en Español en su teléfono, por favor desplazar hacia abajo, busque la palabra “translate” y haga clic a la Bandera Mexicana.”
COVID 19 DOOR Digital Learning Plan
The DOOR Facility will be closed, per Governor Polis’ order, through 4/17 with the hope of opening on 4/20. To continue student learning, intellectual development, and continuity of academic habits, the following plan will be in place during this time:
- Students should continue doing school related activities 3-5 hours a day (M-Th). This includes internship (if available).
- Students will be marked present or absent based on engagement with the work online when teachers check daily.
- DOOR Staff will monitor student progress in school and update parents through emails, calls and/or texts.
- If you are a Senior, the DOOR Team will be emailing you an individual and modified Graduation Checklist on Tuesday, March 31. Check your district email on Tuesday!
- DOOR Staff will keep “office hours” in a staggered fashion so that someone is available 8am-2pm Mondays-Thursdays to explain activities, reset online modules, etc. Students can always text or email DOOR staff when they are not the person on call and they will get back to you as soon as they can, but if you need to talk to someone from the program in real time, please contact the staff member that is available at that time:
|Mona||Barbara||Heather (se habla Español)|
|Times available for live chat||8-10am Mondays-Thursdays||10am-12pm Mondays-Thursdays||12-2pm Mondays-Thursdays|
|Method(s) for contacting during live chat time||Phone/text 719-293-4273 Email email@example.com FB messenger Mona Cloys||Phone/text (970) 930-1118 FB messenger Lake County DOOR Program (text to schedule) ZOOM||Phone/text 719-427-0114 Email firstname.lastname@example.org (text to schedule) Google Hangouts ZOOM|
Plans for individual classes
|What do I do?|
|Portfolio with Mona||If you have Ever Fi modules to complete, please continue to work on them. I will check to monitor completion and add certificates to portfolios.I will add lessons weekly to the Environmental Literacy portion of the Portfolio that can be completed individually. Complete Virtual Job Shadow lessons for the Workforce Readiness portion of your portfolio.For those who have not completed the previous Global Awareness lesson, please complete for your certificate.|
|Math with Mona||Please continue working on Edgenuity or WorkKeys. I will monitor progress and time for these classes.For those of you working on math practice worksheets, please continue to do so.I will roll out possible dates and times for individual math testing as we near the end of the semester, dependent on the situation.|
|Health with Barbara||Finish any assignments from before break and turn them in (including the revisions).Use the template (The Value of Good Health) in the Portfolio Google Classroom to choose one healthy activity per day and monitor progress. Do this in the template that I have already done with you.|
|Civics with Heather||If you are working on Edgenuity for Civics, please continue to do that. I will keep checking your hours online.If you are in the face to face class with Heather, check the Google Classroom for Civics/English Proficiency. There you will find the slides with activities just like we usually have. There is an assignment in Google Classroom where you will write a paragraph about each activity you work on during this time.|
|English with Heather||If you are working on Edgenuity for English/ Reading, please continue to do that. I will keep checking your hours online.If you are in the face to face class with Heather, you can choose to do the Civics/English assignments above or you can choose to do Reading on Edgenuity. Please text Heather (719) 427-0114 to let her know which one you choose so she can get you started.|
Heather Moutoux (she, her, hers)
Lake County DOOR Program
1000 W. 4th Street
Leadville, CO 80461