News From LCHS
Dear LCHS Parents & Guardians,
Flu and cold season are officially upon us. In addition, there’s been a rise in COVID cases. Please take extra precautions at home to keep yourself, your family, and your child healthy. Promote hand washing and consider wearing masks when you’re outside the home. Additionally, be thoughtful about when and where you socialize. As a reminder, we do offer free rapid COVID testing at school with your consent. If your child has any COVID symptoms, we encourage you to take advantage of this service. We want to have as many of our students healthy and with us at school, especially as we wrap up the semester over the next 2 weeks.
As a reminder, NWEA testing is next week on Wednesday and Thursday. We’ll be sending a printed letter home to you on Monday or Tuesday with additional details. For your reference, here is our schedule on those days. I’m excited to see how students have grown and improved academically over the 1st semester of school. Teachers and students have been working hard to make up for the time we lost last year.
Thanks for your continued support at home. We appreciate all you do as parents and caretakers to reinforce the strong habits and characteristics of a learner we’re hoping to instill at school! Have a great weekend.
LCHS Interim Principal
Upcoming Concert Information!: Tuesday, December 7th and Thursday, December 9th will be when our performing arts concerts will take place this year.
7:00 pm Instrumental Concert: On Dec. 7th, all 5th-12th grade LCSD students who are in Band, Drumline, and Piano/Guitar will be in this concert. Performers need to show up at 6:15 and need to wear black and/or white. Festive accessories are allowed such as Santa hats or reindeer antlers.
7:15 pm Vocal Concert: On Dec. 9th, all 3rd Grade students, all 4th grade students, and all students in Choir 5th-12th grade will be in this concert. Performers need to show up at 6:30. Dress in Black, White, Red or Green and holiday clothing is encouraged.
Performers in both concerts will be required to wear masks during transitions and when not performing, but on stage right before performance will remove masks for optimal playing and singing.
Audience attendees will be asked to wear masks as there will be no social distancing. We anticipate a very full auditorium both evenings.
If you are not comfortable with your child performing, please let the school know. Attendance will not be required, but make-up assignments will be given for 5th-12th grade students for grading purposes.
Community Calendar: Check out the Community Calendar by following the link to the landing page: https://lakecountypubliclibrary.org/events/communitycalendar
6th-8th Grade Games at LCIS:
We have decided to make some changes with attendance at our 6-8 games at LCIS. Given the age of our students we are going to require that all students attending the game are with an adult. If students arrive without an adult they will not be allowed to attend the games at LCIS. We are making this change to ensure more supervision and that everyone is being safe and respectful at all times.
RSVP is required for our Winter Formal dinner, which will be held before the dance on the 10th of December. The dinner will be held from 6 to 7 PM while the dance will take place from 7 to 10 PM. You will have the option of steak, pork belly, or a shrimp alfredo sold as meals for $10. There will not be food tickets at the door.
Dance prices will be $3 for singles and $5 for couples sold at the door.
Family Learning Institute
We will be offering a family learning institute each month and all students and families are invited to attend! The sessions will be held at LCES.
We pulled grades on all grades for students 9-12. Any student who failed classes Spring semester of 2021 school year will be ineligible until the official eligibility dates. At which time students must not be failing any classes. They can still participate in winter sports and go to practice, but they cannot compete.
Eligibility checks For 6-12:
Winter Sports CHASSA Regain Date (HS Only)
Saturday December 4
- HS Boys/ GIrls Basketball Tournament @ Vail Christian School Time TBD
- SAT National Testing 7:30am- 1:30pm
Monday December 6
- Winter Formal Spirit Week: Cozy Day
- MS Boys Basketball VS Homestake Peak @ LCIS 4:15pm-7:15pm
Tuesday December 7
- Winter Formal Spirit Week: Tropical Day
- LCSD Instrumental Concert 5th- 12th Grade @ LCHS Auditorium 7:00pm-9:00pm
Wednesday December 8
- Winter Formal Spirit Week: Dynamic Duo/ Twin Day
- HS Boys Basketball @ Cluster County JV/V 4:30pm-7:30pm
- HS Girls Basketball @ Custer County V/JV 4:30pm-7:30pm
- NWEA Testing
Thursday December 9
- Winter Formal Spirit Week: White and Blue Out
- LCSD Vocal Music Concert 3rd-12th Grade @ LCHS Auditorium 7:15pm-9:15pm
- NWEA Testing
Friday December 10
- Winter Formal Dinner @ The Elks Lodge 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Winter Formal Dance @ The Elks Lodge 7:00pm-10:00pm
Saturday December 11
- MS Boys Basketball League Tournament @ Homestake Peak Time TBD
- HS Boys/Girls Basketball @ Sargent 1:00pm-2:30pm
Thursday, December 16th | 6:30-8pm | GOL! Building (901 US HWY 24 / CMC Leadville Campus) | jueves, 16 de diciembre | 6:30-8pm | Edificio de GOL! (901 US HWY 24 / Colegio CMC)
- Your everyday and local flower shop, Blue Vessel Florista, is excited to be connecting with the community through a workshop to welcome winter, and create your own mixed greenery winter wreath. They make great holiday gifts, and you might even want to keep yours!
*FREE* All ages, backgrounds, and abilities welcome!* Materials are provided, but limited *
RSVPs not required, but appreciated.
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org | 7192935533
- Su florería local, Blue Vessel Florista, se complace en conectarse con la comunidad a través de un taller para dar la bienvenida al invierno y crear su propia guirnalda de flores mixtas. Son excelentes regalos navideños e incluso es posible que desee quedarse con el suyo.
*GRATIS* Todas edades, culturas, y habilidades son bienvenidas * Materiales proporcionados, pero limitados *
Reservaciones no requeridas, pero apreciadas.
Más información: email@example.com | 7192935533
December 11-18th | 10-2pm | GOL! Building (901 US HWY 24 / CMC Leadville Campus) | 11-16 de diciembre | 10-2pm | Edificio de GOL! (901 US HWY 24 / Colegio CMC)
· Join us for our annual Frozen Treasure Hunt! Starting the on December 11th, our Frozen Treasures will be all over Lake County; find them at the Fish Hatchery, CMC Trails, & Ice Palace Park. Go out with your family, and see how many of them you can find! Send us your pictures (email/text) to be entered into our drawing.
Then, join us on December 18th from 10am-2pm for a Community Celebration, and a chance to find more Frozen Treasures around the CMC Trails. We will be serving chili, pozole, and warm beverages. Snowshoes, cross country skis, and warm layers will be available for borrowing.
**FREE, all ages, abilities, backgrounds, and cultures welcome!
· ¡Únase a nosotros para nuestra búsqueda anual de los Tesoros Congelados! A partir del 11 de diciembre, nuestros Tesoros Congelados estarán por todo el Condado de Lake; encuéntrelos en el Fish Hatchery, los senderos de CMC y en el parque Ice Palace. ¡Salga con su familia y vea cuántos de ellos puede encontrar! Envíenos sus fotos (correo electrónico / texto) para incluirlos en nuestra rifa.
Luego, únase a nosotros el 18 de diciembre de 10 am a 2 pm para una Celebración Comunitaria y la oportunidad de encontrar más Tesoros Congelados alrededor de los senderos de CMC. Estaremos sirviendo chili, pozole y bebidas calientes. Las raquetas de nieve, los esquís nórdicos y ropa de invierno estarán disponibles para tomar prestado.
** ¡GRATIS, todas las edades, habilidades, antecedentes y culturas son bienvenidas!
Taste of Leadville (Annual Fundraiser)
Friday, December 3rd | 4PM – 7:30 PM (during the Parade of Lights)
Downtown Leadville | Tickets Here
More information on both events is included in the attachments below. If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Name the Bear
School Based Health Center
Need your Sports Physical?
Your School Based Health Center has you covered!
Here is what you need to know:
– Cost: Maximum of $30! We accept all insurances. If your insurance does not cover the full cost, we will never charge you more than $30 for a Sports Physical.
– Where: We are located in the High School!
– How: Call us to get your student scheduled
Call us at 719-486-6981 to get scheduled