News from LCHS
End of Year Cornerstone Dates: LCHS Cornerstone Dates for the end of the year are Wednesday, May 26th and Tuesday, June 8th. We want to use this opportunity to end the year on a fun note and bring entire crews together. All students should attend both days. Be sure to come dressed to be outside and bring water!
Seniors — FAFSA Workshop at CMC Leadville Campus, Saturday, May 22, 1:00-3:00 pm, see flyer for details.
The last day of classes for Class of 2021 graduating students is Thursday, May 27th. Final Academic Deadline is 4:00 pm and the following list must be completed in order to participate in Graduation activities:
-Community Service Hours
-All credits complete for graduation
The week of June 1st, after memorial day, all students will take the end of year NWEA-MAPS tests. This will help us see their progress and understand their learning over the course of this challenging year. All 9th-11th HS students will need to plan to come in person on their A or B days that week. We will make a separate plan for Ms. Radilla’s crew. 7-8th grade students will also take NWEA that week as well.
Finals: We will run our normal schedule for both 7-8 and 9-11 the last week of school, June 14-17. Finals will be given during that last week of school. 9-11 finals will be given virtually consistent with our current model of instruction and similar to what we did at the end of semester 1.
Lake County MS boys’ soccer will be kicking off our summer season tonight, May 20th, at 6 pm in the Community Field with a parent meeting. This is incoming 6th, 7th and 8th graders. We will answer any questions give more information about summer training and the season. For more information, please contact Megan Parocha: email@example.com or Stephanie Radilla: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sport Eligibility Checks: Grades will be pulled for eligibility in our athletic programs on the following dates:
- High School — May 28
- Junior High — May 21, June 4
Summer is the Perfect Time for Your Teen to do Drivers Ed! (see the attached flyer)
Your choice of driver’s education is an important milestone in your student’s life. Summer break is an excellent time for students 14 ½ and older to start taking classes for a Colorado permit. When you choose the online program, hosted through Lake County Schools, you can help your student become a safe driver for life and support your school at the same time!
Why go through us?
- Our online program increases the confidence and knowledge of your student in a variety of driving situations.
- The program is designed to be equivalent to an in-person classroom experience. Your student will learn all the content of the classroom from the convenience of your own home.
- The curriculum is based on knowledge, not fear! We focus on defensive and safe driving habits to help make your student become a safe driver for life.
- Interactive games and videos make the learning experience fun and engaging.
- Your student can access the online program anytime, anywhere! It works on all devices. All you need is a working Internet connection.
- Everything is self-paced. When life gets busy, your student can pick up the course at any time.
- After you enroll in our online program, we receive a donation to help fund school programs. Not only does your student learn the basics of driving, but you can feel good about supporting your school.
Sign up today to get your student on track in the world of driver’s education this summer.
Just click here: https://lakecountyschools.bedrivingus.com/enroll
*You must be 14 ½ or older to start driver’s education, and you must be 15 to get your permit in Colorado. We offer the CO Express Course to students over the age of 16.
May 21 HS Track and Field Coal Ridge Invite @ New Castle 9:00
May 22 HS Girls Soccer @ Bruce Randolph 10:00
May 25 HS Track and Field Pole Vault Championships @ West Grand 10:00
May 26 LCHS Cornerstone Day – All LCHS students attend school
May 27 Final day of classes for Class of 2021 graduating students, all work and finals must be complete and turned in by 4:00 pm
May 28 HS Girls Soccer vs Pagosa Springs, Community Field, 4:00