News from LCHS
Finals: We do not excuse absences during finals week except in very rare circumstances like weddings, funerals and graduations. Absences to start break early are unexcused and therefore students can’t make up that work or do it at different times. Finals week is very important to us and prepares students for college and career. Please honor this final week of school by having students engage, attend, and do well on their finals. If they miss their final it will impact their final grade and may, in some cases, lead to the need to repeat a course or summer school. Reach out to Mr. Cairns or Ms. Dillon with questions.
We will run our normal schedule for both 7-8 and 9-11 the last week of school, June 14-17. Finals will be given during that last week of school. 9-11 finals will be given virtually consistent with our current model of instruction and similar to what we did at the end of semester 1.
UPDATED! Summer School Dates & Information:
- Crew Summer School: Crew grades will be finalized this week on Thursday, June 10. If you do not have a passing grade by then, you will be required to attend crew summer school. That will be held from Friday, June 18th to Tuesday, June 29th from 9am to 12pm.
- Junior High and High School Academic Summer School: JH and HS students who failed classes may be required to attend summer school for credit recovery or remediation. This will take place on Fridays from July 2-August 6th at LCHS.
NEW! Summer Reading Requirement: All students (except rising Seniors) will be required to read 1,000 minutes over the summer. That averages out to 2 hours a week. You will keep your Chromebook and do your reading in LightSail. We will be sending home a letter about summer reading to parents/guardians before we end the school year.
A vaccination clinic is being organized by community organizations and will take place in Mountain View West on Sunday June 13th, 2021. See attached flyer for details.
Lake County Build a Generation Youth Coalition is a student-led group that focuses on substance use prevention in our community. Students participate in the group to create community change through advocacy projects and share ideas about how to make our community better and safer.
We created this video project over the past year to help educate community members about the effects of substance use and how to prevent it.
Check out the attached flyer for information on Leadville Karate classes!
Summer is the Perfect Time for Your Teen to do Drivers Ed! (see the attached flyer)
Your choice of driver’s education is an important milestone in your student’s life. Summer break is an excellent time for students 14 ½ and older to start taking classes for a Colorado permit. When you choose the online program, hosted through Lake County Schools, you can help your student become a safe driver for life and support your school at the same time!
Why go through us?
- Our online program increases the confidence and knowledge of your student in a variety of driving situations.
- The program is designed to be equivalent to an in-person classroom experience. Your student will learn all the content of the classroom from the convenience of your own home.
- The curriculum is based on knowledge, not fear! We focus on defensive and safe driving habits to help make your student become a safe driver for life.
- Interactive games and videos make the learning experience fun and engaging.
- Your student can access the online program anytime, anywhere! It works on all devices. All you need is a working Internet connection.
- Everything is self-paced. When life gets busy, your student can pick up the course at any time.
- After you enroll in our online program, we receive a donation to help fund school programs. Not only does your student learn the basics of driving, but you can feel good about supporting your school.
Sign up today to get your student on track in the world of driver’s education this summer.
Just click here: https://lakecountyschools.bedrivingus.com/enroll
*You must be 14 ½ or older to start driver’s education, and you must be 15 to get your permit in Colorado. We offer the CO Express Course to students over the age of 16.
June 12 Musical Performance – Intermission is Over! A Musical Revue, The Old Church, Harrison Avenue, 7:00
June 13 Musical Performance – Intermission is Over! A Musical Revue, The Old Church, Harrison Avenue, 2:00
June 14-17 7th-11th Final Exam Week
June 15 HS Track and Field @ South Park 3:00
June 17 Last Day of School
June 18 HS Track and Field Joe Shields Invite @ West Grand 4:00