News From LCHS 12/10/21
Dear LCHS Parents & Caregivers,
It was wonderful seeing our students on stage this week for our winter concerts. The bands and choirs did amazing. Our students worked hard all semester long, and it was evident in their performances. A huge thank-you to Mrs. Cairns, Mr. Carroll, and Mrs. Baker for their hard work and dedication to our music program.
Tonight is our Winter Formal at The Elks! We’re kicking it off with a dinner from 6-7pm. Tickets for the dinner must have been purchased in advance. The dance itself is from 7-10pm. Masks are required for all participants. Thank-you to our Student Senate for all the work they put into sponsoring this fun evening for our student body.
Finally, this upcoming week is the last week of the semester. Final assessments will be given on Wednesday and Thursday. Finals are an important cumulative assessment of the skills and knowledge students have learned over the course of the 1st semester. And, to reiterate, they are worth 15% of a student’s overall grade in each class. Please make sure your child is present for finals and ready to do their absolute best.
From the entire staff at LCHS, we wish you the happiest of holidays. We hope the winter break is a time of laughter, love, and cheer for you and your loved ones. Stay safe, and we’ll see you again in January.
LCHS Interim Principal
Community Calendar: Check out the Community Calendar by following the link to the landing page: https://lakecountypubliclibrary.org/events/communitycalendar
6th-8th Grade Games at LCIS:
We have decided to make some changes with attendance at our 6-8 games at LCIS. Given the age of our students we are going to require that all students attending the game are with an adult. If students arrive without an adult they will not be allowed to attend the games at LCIS. We are making this change to ensure more supervision and that everyone is being safe and respectful at all times.
RSVP is required for our Winter Formal dinner, which will be held before the dance on the 10th of December. The dinner will be held from 6 to 7 PM while the dance will take place from 7 to 10 PM. You will have the option of steak, pork belly, or a shrimp alfredo sold as meals for $10. There will not be food tickets at the door.
Dance prices will be $3 for singles and $5 for couples sold at the door.
Family Learning Institute
We will be offering a family learning institute each month and all students and families are invited to attend! The sessions will be held at LCES.
We pulled grades on all grades for students 9-12. Any student who failed classes Spring semester of 2021 school year will be ineligible until the official eligibility dates. At which time students must not be failing any classes. They can still participate in winter sports and go to practice, but they cannot compete.
Eligibility checks For 6-12:
Friday December 10
- Winter Formal Dinner @ The Elks Lodge 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Winter Formal Dance @ The Elks Lodge 7:00pm-10:00pm
Saturday December 11
- MS Boys Basketball League Tournament @ Homestake Peak Time TBD
- HS Boys/Girls Basketball @ Sargent 1:00pm-2:30pm
Sunday December 12
- Elks Hoop Shoot @ LCHS 8am-12pm
Monday December 13
- BOE Regular Meeting @ District Office 6:30pm-10:00pm
Saturday December 18
- HS Boys/GIrls Basketball @ Del Norte (JV/V) 3:00pm-8:00pm
Thursday, December 16th | 6:30-8pm | GOL! Building (901 US HWY 24 / CMC Leadville Campus) | jueves, 16 de diciembre | 6:30-8pm | Edificio de GOL! (901 US HWY 24 / Colegio CMC)
- Your everyday and local flower shop, Blue Vessel Florista, is excited to be connecting with the community through a workshop to welcome winter, and create your own mixed greenery winter wreath. They make great holiday gifts, and you might even want to keep yours!
*FREE* All ages, backgrounds, and abilities welcome!* Materials are provided, but limited *
RSVPs not required, but appreciated.
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org | 7192935533
- Su florería local, Blue Vessel Florista, se complace en conectarse con la comunidad a través de un taller para dar la bienvenida al invierno y crear su propia guirnalda de flores mixtas. Son excelentes regalos navideños e incluso es posible que desee quedarse con el suyo.
*GRATIS* Todas edades, culturas, y habilidades son bienvenidas * Materiales proporcionados, pero limitados *
Reservaciones no requeridas, pero apreciadas.
Más información: email@example.com | 7192935533
December 11-18th | 10-2pm | GOL! Building (901 US HWY 24 / CMC Leadville Campus) | 11-16 de diciembre | 10-2pm | Edificio de GOL! (901 US HWY 24 / Colegio CMC)
· Join us for our annual Frozen Treasure Hunt! Starting the on December 11th, our Frozen Treasures will be all over Lake County; find them at the Fish Hatchery, CMC Trails, & Ice Palace Park. Go out with your family, and see how many of them you can find! Send us your pictures (email/text) to be entered into our drawing.
Then, join us on December 18th from 10am-2pm for a Community Celebration, and a chance to find more Frozen Treasures around the CMC Trails. We will be serving chili, pozole, and warm beverages. Snowshoes, cross country skis, and warm layers will be available for borrowing.
**FREE, all ages, abilities, backgrounds, and cultures welcome!
· ¡Únase a nosotros para nuestra búsqueda anual de los Tesoros Congelados! A partir del 11 de diciembre, nuestros Tesoros Congelados estarán por todo el Condado de Lake; encuéntralos en el Fish Hatchery, los senderos de CMC y en el parque Ice Palace. ¡Salga con su familia y vea cuántos de ellos puede encontrar! Envíenos sus fotos (correo electrónico / texto) para incluirlos en nuestra rifa.
Luego, únase a nosotros el 18 de diciembre de 10 am a 2 pm para una Celebración Comunitaria y la oportunidad de encontrar más Tesoros Congelados alrededor de los senderos de CMC. Estaremos sirviendo chili, pozole y bebidas calientes. Las raquetas de nieve, los esquís nórdicos y ropa de invierno estarán disponibles para tomar prestado.
** ¡GRATIS, todas las edades, habilidades, antecedentes y culturas son bienvenidas!
Name the Bear
School Based Health Center
Need your Sports Physical?
Your School Based Health Center has you covered!
Here is what you need to know:
– Cost: Maximum of $30! We accept all insurances. If your insurance does not cover the full cost, we will never charge you more than $30 for a Sports Physical.
– Where: We are located in the High School!
– How: Call us to get your student scheduled
Call us at 719-486-6981 to get scheduled