The Center Learning Packet Delivery Information
March 30, 2020
Hello Center Families,
We hope you had a wonderful weekend and were able to enjoy the sunshine. Last week, the teachers were busy putting together learning packets with activities for your child. Today, Monday, March 30th, teachers will deliver them to your houses and leave them at the front door. If you see them, please give them a wave and smile. We miss having your children at the Center.
Here’s what packet delivery will look like:
● Teachers will deliver learning packets to your house on Monday leaving them at your front door to follow the rules for social distancing. Give them a big HELLO through the windows.
● If you would prefer to pick up the materials from the Center, please let your teacher know and a time will be scheduled. Someone will hand the packet to you while you remain in your car following social distancing guidelines.
● Each packet has two weeks of activities to be done at home with materials found in your home. While the packets will not take the place of being at school, they will help keep your child asking questions and learning during the time we are all at home. There will be a new packet next week.
What’s in a packet:
● Activities created especially for your child from your teachers.
● A book, crayons, and other miscellaneous supplies.
● Math, language and literacy and social-emotional learning games and activities. All of these activities do not need a computer.
● A short story in simple language explaining why we can’t go to school along with some easy to read guidance on talking to children about COVID-19.
● How to make nutritious meals on a budget.
Here is a few other reminders for the upcoming weeks:
● Teachers will continue to reach out each week to check in with their families. You may see an unfamiliar number on your phone calling a few times. It may be your child’s teacher. Please make sure you connect with them as they will be your main contact at school while we are out.
● Center teachers are creating virtual classrooms via Zoom. These classrooms will be by invitation only to ensure privacy. Teachers will do short activities like read a book or music and movement.
● The packets and other helpful resources will be available online at the Center webpage under Family and Community Resources. Click the link for information: Family & Community Resources – The Center Early Childhood Programs