News from LCHS 9/9/22
Hello LCHS Panthers,
We have completed NWEA Map testing this week. We will begin to unravel all of that data to see how best to support our students. Next week our students will be participating in cornerstone day. They will all get the opportunity to get outside and spend some time in nature.Please remember we do have school today, Friday September 9th. Please make sure your student is here on time and ready to learn.
Make it a great day, or not, the choice is yours.
2022-2023 School Meals and Free and Reduced School Meal Applications
This school year students will be charged for their school meals based on their eligibility status for free and reduced school meals. All students will receive breakfast for free and students who are eligible for free meals or reduced-priced meals will also receive lunch for free. If your student was eligible for free or reduced meals during the 2021-2022 school year, that eligibility only carries through the first 30 days of school. Each year families must complete a new Free and Reduced School Meals application. Free and reduced school meal applications are available at your student’s school office and the LCSD District Office at 328 W. 5th, St., Leadville, CO 80461, or at www.lakecountyschools.net, under the Nutrition tab. If you have any questions please reach out to Leslee Torsell, Cloud City High School, 315 W. 6th St., Leadville, CO 80461, email@example.com, 719-486-6980.
This year meals cost:
|Lake County Elementary School||No Charge||$3.00|
|Lake County Intermediate School||No Charge||$3.00|
|Lake County High School||No Charge||$3.10|
|Cloud City High School||No Charge||$3.10|
Home athletic events for next week:
MS football- Monday, September 12, Community Field at 4 pm
MS football- Wednesday, September 14, Community Field at 4 pm
HS soccer- Thursday, September 8, Community Field, JV at 4 pm, Varsity at 5:30 pm
If your student (6th-12th grade) wants to attend a sporting event at LCIS, you must either attend the event with them, or you must call Alison Sprague at 719-486-6954 to get them on the Event Attendee List. Students whose names are not on the Event Attendee List will be turned away at the door and will need to find a way home. RSVP’s must be called in to Alison before 2:30 pm the day of the event, or by 2:30 pm on Thursday if the event is on Friday or Saturday. Parents, thank you for your help on this. We are trying to encourage students to be positively engaged at these events, and we appreciate your partnership in that effort.
Eligibility was run yesterday. This round of eligibility is effective from Monday, September 12 through Saturday, September 24. Middle school appeals should be addressed to Alison Sprague (firstname.lastname@example.org). High school appeals must be made to Amy Peters (email@example.com ).
LET’S GO PANTHERS!!
CHSSA Regain Date:
Cross Country: September 5th
Soccer, Volleyball, Cheerleading: September 12th
Friday September 9
- SCHOOL IS IN SESSION
- HS Cross Country Harrison Panther Invite @ Colorado Springs 3:00pm-6:00pm
Saturday September 10
- MS Volleyball 6th Grade Tournament @ Summit MS 8:00am
- HS Boys Soccer VS KIPP (V/JV) @ Lake County Community Field 1:00pm-4:00pm
Monday September 12
- MS Football VS Summit MS @ Lake County Community Field 4:00-7:00pm
- MS Volleyball @ St. Clare 4:00-7:00pm
Tuesday September 13
- HS Boys Soccer @ Saliada (V/JV) 4:00-7:00pm
Wednesday September 14
- MS Cross Country Peaks League Meet @ Berry Creek MS 5:00pm
- MS Football VS St. Clare @ Lake County Community Field 4:00pm-7:00pm
Thursday September 15
- LCHS Cornerstone
- HS Boys Soccer VS Alamosa (V/JV) @ Lake County Community Field 4:00pm-7:00pm
- HS Volleyball @ Sheridan (JV/V) 5:00–7:30pm
Saturday September 17
- MS Volleyball VS Berry Creek @ LCIS Time TBD (Rescheduled from 9/7/22)
- MS Volleyball 6th grade Tournament @ Homestake Peak 8:00am
- MS/ HS Cross Country Gunnison Invite @ Gunnison 9:00am-1:15pm
- HS Boys Soccer @ St. Mary’s (Varsity Only) 2:00pm-4:00pm