LCIS SNSO 10/18/20
Hello LCIS Families,
It was so amazing to see all of the students every day this week! The Project Dream team and our outside partners have made it possible for all of the students to be engaged in learning when they are not with their teachers in their regular classroom. The LCIS staff and teachers have worked incredibly hard to make sure that they have quality instruction for each and every student each and every day.
With our new Project Dream schedule, we have needed to modify our notification and pick up systems.
- Please contact Blanca Rodriguez at 719-293-0115 if you are picking up your A-cohort student early as those students are out of the building from 1:30-3:15 and this will allow us to have your child at the school ready for you.
- Please contact the school office at 719-486-6830 if you are picking up your B-cohort student early.
With every student in the building and fewer students riding the bus than normal, we want to clarify the parent dropoff and pick up procedures.
- For Drop Off
- Use only one lane
- Pull up as far as you can
- Four cars can unload at a time
- For Pick Up
- Use two lanes
- Pull forward to the cones (where Ms. Kortkamp usually stands)
- Four cars can load at one time
- Follow the traffic signals (i.e. stop at stop sign)
Chromebooks: Students need to have their Chromebook at school every day. Please help your child remember to have it charged and in their backpack each day. If you need tech, support please contact our IT department at email@example.com.
Fall conferences will take place this year on Wednesday, October 28th and Thursday, October 29th from 12:00-8:00pm both days. Please use the link to sign up! Please note that the first question will ask if you would like to attend your child’s conference in person or virtually. Conference letters came home this week.
Mrs. Osborn is reading “No Talking” by Andrew Clements to the LCIS 5th graders. This book is about the noisy fifth grade boys of Laketon Elementary School who challenge the equally loud fifth grade grade girls to a “no talking” contest. It turns out to be REALLY hard!
October 21 Fire Drill
October 28 & 29 Community Meeting
October 28 & 29 Parent Teacher Conferences Noon- 8 p.m.
October 28 & 29 ½ day of school for students
October 29 Panther Pride Day – Halloween
November 1 Daylight Savings Time Ends – Fall Back!
November 5 Lockdown Drill
November 10 Fire Drill
November 19 Celebration of Learning (video presentation)
November 25-26 Thanksgiving Break
December 21-Jan. 1 Winter Break
January 4 School Resumes!
January 4 Panther Pride Day – Hawaiian Day
Principal, Lake County Intermediate School