This Week’s News from LCHS . . .
We are looking forward to seeing all of you at parent / teacher conferences next week! Crew teachers are reaching out to families to schedule those conferences. If you have not heard from your students’ crew teachers yet, please contact them to schedule your conference. This is a great time to connect with your students and teachers to discuss progress, concerns and celebrations. Official conference times are from 4-8pm on both Tuesday and Thursday, but crew teachers will work with parents to find times that work for everyone.
Senior students and parents, be sure to read the attached flyer for important information about FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) workshop nights. You and your students will get all of the help you need to apply for financial aid for college.
Other news from the Counseling Office:
- October 23-24 the counseling department will be taking the first 12 seniors to register, with eligibility dependent, to CMC Spring Valley, Mesa State, and Rangely. We will depart the high school 7:30am on the 23rd and arrive home around 5:30pm on the 24th.
- SAT retake at Battle Mountain High School on November 4th. We will provide transportation to the first 7 who sign up.
- November 6th the counseling department will be taking sophomores only to Western State College in Gunnison. We will depart the high school at 8:15 am and arrive back by 5:30pm
- Friday, December 8th the counseling department will be taking high school students to a college visit in Denver. They will visit Regis University and Metro State University. First 40 students to sign up may attend.
Becca Katz is recruiting a team of enthusiastic parent volunteers to support 7th and 8th grade fieldwork (outdoor, hands-on learning) opportunities on various dates throughout the school year. Please reach out to Becca Katz by November 3rd – firstname.lastname@example.org / 719-293-5169 – if you want to learn more about how you can support 7th and 8th grade fieldwork (outdoor, hands-on learning) at LCHS!
Michele DeWine invites parents to volunteer for Jr. High Science Fieldwork on November 7th and 8th, day trips, from 8 am to 4pm.
Standards based Fieldwork includes:
- Fire ecology
- Building a fire
- Cooking on a fire
- Flame tests in the fire (periodic table)
- Fire ecology
- Prescribed burn
- Human impact
Major State Standards covered:
- Physical and Chemical change
- Physical and Chemical properties
- The Law of Conservation of Mass, Energy..
We will need parent supervision assistance, with lunch, and walking around from site to site. Please contact Michele DeWine if you are able to volunteer, email@example.com, 719-293-0130.
Cloud City Ski Team supports LCHS students 6-12 who ski race. We are having a fun fundraiser for Cloud City at Cooper on 10/21. We will be watching a Warren Miller Movie. Details and tickets can be found here: http://skicooper.com/warren-miller-movie/
October 13 HS Football @ Peyton 7:00
October 13 End of Quarter 1
October 14 HS Volleyball @ KIPP (SWIC) (C/JV/V) 11:30
October 14 HS Boys Soccer @ KIPP 11:00
October 14 MS Boys Soccer vs. GCMS 1 @ Berry Creek MS 11:45
October 17 HS Volleyball League Play-In Location TBD Time TBD
October 17 Parent Teacher Conferences 4-8 p.m.
October 19 HS Volleyball Round 1 Pool Play @ High Seed 4/5:15/6:30
October 19 HS Cross Country Regionals @ Pueblo City Park Elmwood Short Nine Golf Course 3:00
October 19 Parent Teacher Conferences 4-8 p.m.
October 20 HS Football vs. CSCS @ Community Field 7:00
October 20 No School
October 21 HS Volleyball Conference Championship @ High Seed 11:00/12:30/2:00/3:30
October 21 MS Cross Country State @ Fehringer Ranch Park, Denver 10:00
October 21 MS Boys Soccer Tournament @ Berry Creek MS Time TBD
October 23 No School PD Day
October 23 MS Boys Basketball @ Homestake Peak 4:30