LCIS FASO 6/10/22
Hello LCIS Families!
It’s hard to believe that we have made it to our last week of the 2021-2022 school year. We were all so thankful to run school more traditionally than we were able to in the past couple of years due to the pandemic. We are looking forward to a return to normal school year next year.
During this last week of school, we have some fun activities for our students.
- DiMaggio’s crew attends COBS on Monday and Tuesday
- Forget’s crew attends COBS on Wednesday and Thursday
- Thursday is our 6th grade celebration at 2:30 in the gym. Friends and families are welcome to attend and celebrate.
- Thursday is our last day of school!
End of year preparations:
- If your student is planning to return to LCIS or will be attending LCHS next year, they may keep their Chromebook over the summer. If not, please have them turn it in to the main office .
- Please make sure you send your child to school with their Chomebook every day next week. We will be taking an inventory and doing a status check on each device.
- Students will come home with their report cards and completed school work. Be sure to check their backpacks!
- All LCIS Library books are due now! Please help your child locate any missing books. If you have any questions, please contact the LCIS office at 719-486-6830. Thank you!
4th grade visited the Mining Museum and the Matchless Mine as part of their Leadville History unit.
It was a beautiful day for a Leadville tour!!
Ms. Campbell’s crew went to Colorado Outward Bound for an overnight team building trip. It was such an amazing adventure right in our own county. The other two 6th grade classes will go to COBS next week. What a great way to end the year and celebrate the culmination of their elementary education!
Project Dream is looking for your feedback! Please take five minutes to complete this survey so that we can continue to improve programs. We ask all families to complete the survey, even if their student did not participate in Project Dream programs this year. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdBhntzavIk0bPySEiWXW28jJAyyNK0wEtbuLEIAhTLVRt5Eg/viewform?usp=sf_link.
Also, check out this video showcasing Project Dream programs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jjhHr3HLoDH2MagAV_zdeb_HYumJ2SX3/view?usp=sharing
Enrollment for Rockies Rock 2022 is NOW OPEN!
Open enrollment will run until May 1st. We will notify you about your admission by May 6th! After May 6th, all enrollments will be first-come, first-served!
Please reach out to Tim Best with questions @719.293.0445 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below for our lunch and breakfast menus. We are committed to being more environmentally conscious by posting the menus on the Friday Afternoon Shout Out and sending home paper copies by parent/family request. Please let the LCIS main office know if you need a print-out of the menus by calling 719-486-6830. Thank you!
Note: all menus are subject to change.
There are many exciting events happening in our community every month – too many for us to list on this communication! Please click this link to access the Community Calendar for upcoming events.
Announcement from Project Dream
There is no Friday programming on the following dates: May 20 and June 3.
|June 13||Mr. DiMaggio’s Cre to Colorado Outward Bound – overnite|
|June 15||Ms. Forget’s Crew to Colorado Outward Bound – overnite|
|June 16||Last Day of School|
|June 16||6th Grade Continuation Celebration – LCIS Gym 2:30 pm|
|June 17||Teacher Work Day|
|July 27||Registration Help Night – LCIS Library – 4-7 pm|
|August 8 & 9||Orientation Conferences 10am-6 pm|
|August 8 & 9||Student Photos 10am-6pm|
|August 15||First Day of School!|
|September 5||Labor Day Holiday – No School|
|September 9||Friday – Students at School!|
|September 20||Picture Re-Takes|
Cheryl Talbot (she/hers)
Principal, Lake County Intermediate School