Out of School Time through the Lake County School District encompasses both After School – Project Dream and and Friday – Project Dream. Programs are funded through various donations, district funds, and grants including the 21st Century Community Learning Centers grant. After School – Project Dream takes place Monday-Thursday when school is in session after school hours. Friday – Project Dream, full day programming, takes place most Fridays during the school year when there is no school. Both programs include: social-emotional learning, academic enrichment, athletics, club programs, and activities with local partner organizations.
Working together with community partners, we will create a healthier, safer, more prosperous Leadville where children are empowered to learn, encouraged to explore, challenged to grow, and inspired to lead.
Research shows that high-quality, engaging out of school activities can impact students academically, socially, and emotionally (https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED499113.pdf). LCSD challenges students to reach their fullest potential through personal, engaged and rigorous learning in the classroom and beyond. Through Project Dream we engage families, school staff and our community to provide students with a variety of enriching activities, positive relationships in a Crew-like setting, and tools for greater social-emotional and academic success, all designed to complement the students’ school day.
- We believe that LCSD can work alongside strong community partners to enrich the lives of our students.
- We believe that we can create an inclusive environment to engage and empower students and their families.
- We believe that through engagement and empowerment, we can create opportunities that enhance the experiences of students in Lake County.
Our Goals and Objectives
- Academic Achievement: Provide opportunities for academic enrichment to help students meet state and local academic standards.
- Essential Skills: Offer students a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students.
- Commitment to School: Support increased attendance rates and overall commitment to school.
- Family Engagement: Offer families of students served by opportunities for active and meaningful engagement in their children’s education.
You may sign your child up for Project Dream programs either online while registering your student for school or by contacting the Site Supervisor at your student’s school.