Board of Education-Board Notes for Aug. 2018
Notes from August 15, 2018:
- The board received a training on culturally responsive dialogue. This training was one that the staff, administration and teachers have all participated in.
- The board received an overview of school-year readiness including hiring, facilities, transportation, and safety.
- The board discussed changes to the school mission statement in order to align it with the “beyond walls” tagline.
Coming up on September 11 at 7 PM at Pitts Elementary School in the District’s “New” Board Room, Room 11:
- We will have student achievement data to examine from assessments students took in the spring of 2018.
- We will review the strategic plan.
- We will vote on a resolution in support of Amendment 73—a school funding initiative that would raise $1.9 million for Lake County schools.
- We will vote on a new mission statement for the district: “Lake County School District challenges students to reach their fullest potential through personal, engaged, and rigorous learning in the classroom and beyond.”
Your school board: Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Amy Frykholm (president) 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503 (vice president).