Board of Education-Board Notes for Jan. 2019
Notes from January 15, 2019:
Our meeting was postponed a week because several of us were sick or had family circumstances that prevented us from coming to the meeting. At the meeting on the 15th,
- We heard a communications update from Kate Bartlett, CFO of the district, and we talked about upcoming family engagement strategies that the district is devising.
- We discussed our process for on boarding new school board members and developed a calendar to orient and educate new board members.
- We began the process of the annual Superintendent’s Evaluation with an Executive Session. The results of this evaluation will be approved by the board in upcoming months and become a public document.
Coming up on February 12 at 7 PM at Pitts Elementary School in the District’s Board Room, Room 11:
- Our focus will be on Lake County High School. We will hear from school leadership about the schools’ goals and progress for the year.
- We will once again try to hear from our new auditor, whose meeting with us was canceled because of illness on the board.
Your school board: Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Amy Frykholm (president) 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503 (vice president).