Board of Education-Board Notes for February
Notes from February 12, 2019:
- Our focus for this meeting was on Lake County High School. We heard from Principal Ben Cairns and members of the high school leadership team about progress the school is making toward its goals. Specifically, we learned about the focus on student engagement and on adult-student rapport.
- We met with our new auditor and reviewed and approved this year’s audit.
- In preparation for School Choice month, we looked at Lake County’s choice in/out data. Lake County had a choice out rate of 11.2% in 2018-2019. This is a more than 5% drop from 2016-2017. We also have 9 students choicing into Lake County from other counties.
Coming up on March 12, 2019 in the Board Room (Room 11) at Pitts Elementary at 7 PM:
- Our focus will be on Lake County Intermediate School. We will hear from school leadership about the school’s goals and progress for the year.
- We will discuss the recommendation of the calendar committee. We had intended to vote at this meeting, but we will likely use this opportunity to discuss the calendar in more detail and approve next year’s calendar at a special meeting on March 26.
Your school board: Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Amy Frykholm (president) 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503 (vice president).