School Board Opening
Dear Lake County Community,
The Lake County School Board has an opening. We will be appointing a new member to the board who will serve until November 2021.
If you are interested, please submit a letter of intention to the District Office (328 West 5th St. or email to Bunny Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 22. You may address this letter to the Lake County Board of Education.
The letter should address four questions:
1) Why do you want to join the school board?
2) What qualifications, experience, and perspective do you bring?
3) What do you think are important issues facing the school district?
4) What is your vision for the Lake County schools? (I.e. where should we be five years from now?)
We will review letters and conduct interviews at the May 26 Special Meeting (6:30 pm at the District office, 328 West 5th St.and/or Via Zooom). The new board member will be seated at the June 9, 2020 meeting and will be sworn in at this time.
Who can be a school board member?
A school board member must be:
1) Registered to vote in Lake County for 12 months before becoming a school board member
2) A resident of Lake County
A school board member may not:
1) Work full time for the school district
2) Be convicted of any sexual offense against a child
Thank you for your interest. If you have any questions, please call Eudelia Contreras at 970-406-1624 or email her at email@example.com.
Your Lake County School Board,
Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503
Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852
Rod Weston 719-427-9530