2nd Semester Instructional Plans
Dear LCSD Families,
This week our Board of Education approved the proposed instructional plans. Our schools’ structures will continue our hybrid model into the second semester. At our December 4th board meeting, each school presented revised plans that considered feedback from our listening tour survey. Themes from the survey included:
- Majority support for continuation of a yellow/hybrid concept of school
- Need for in-person options such as 2nd day supports
- Praise of our Teaching staff
- Satisfaction with small class sizes
- Challenges with changing models
- Need for continuing to address barriers to accessing education such as technology
- Struggles of limited social engagement opportunities/events
- Concerns around the loss of instructional time
- Value of continuing health practices
Building principals worked with their staff to address feedback from the listening tour to refine our practices leading into the 2nd semester. Each school has developed a revised plan that will be implemented when we return in January from our break.
School plan details are being provided by each school to the parent community via our electronic communication systems over the next week. Feel free to reach out to your child’s school if you have any questions.
Lake County School District