Hello LCSD Parents! Starting in 2014-15, every Wednesday will be an Early Release day. Students will be released after lunch and busses will depart between 12:30 and 1pm. Students will receive lunch on Wednesdays before dismissal. During the afternoon, teachers will participate in professional development.
There will be two options for families:
1) Students may ride the bus home or be picked up after early release dismissal.
2) A limited number of students may register for activities that will be offered by the school district’s 21st Century Community Learning Center / Project Dream program, or programs offered by some of our community partners. (Please see below.) Some activities will run until 3:30 and others will be offered until 6:00. Space is very limited, so be sure to sign up early.
Project Dream will offer transportation home for participating students on Wednesdays at 3:30pm and again at 6:00pm for students who are attending both sessions.
2014-15 Wednesday Programming Offerings & Registration Information
21st CCLC / Project Dream: Project Dream will be offering Wednesday programs for a limited number of students at each school. To register your student, please look for information at school registration or ask your school’s front office. You may also download and print the required forms here:
The Center at Pitts Elementary: The Center will be offering tuition-based child care for students in grades K-5 during Wednesday afternoons.
- The Center currently offers its School Age Program during weekdays.
- Wednesdays Only: The Center’s School Age Program will be offered from 12:45pm-5:30pm (“Time In” will be based on the LCSD Wednesday early release time).
- Wednesday Only Rate: $18. The Center is a monthly, pre-pay program. Tuition is due before attendance.
- Teacher to child ratio is 1 to 15.
- The Center is a licensed child care provider with enrollment requirements that include: enrollment forms, health form signed by physician, shot records, and tuition paid in full before first day of attendance.
To register, please visit The Center at 315 West 6th Street. You may also download and print the required forms here:
Please feel free to contact Melina Compean, Child Care Director at The Center, by calling 486-6929.
Full Circle of Lake County: Full Circle has operated youth programs in Lake County for over twenty years and will be offering some programs on Wednesday afternoons.
- Full Circle offers a series of programs and activities for youth in grades 7– 12, including Girls Circle, Boys Council, outdoor leadership and W(rec)K-LESS Club.
- Cost: All Full Circle programs are FREE.
- All students that are interested can register for the activities in their grade range. Sign-up for the activities offered will be first come, first served. Space is available for 10-12 students per group activity.
Students and parents can call Full Circle at 486-2400 to register.
Other Youth-Serving Agency Information
Lake County Recreation Department: Visit http://www.lakecountyco.com/recreation/YouthPrograms for information on youth programs offered through the Lake County Rec Department.
Lake County Aquatic Center: Visit http://www.lakecountyco.com/RECREATION/LakeCountyPool for information on Aquatic Center hours, programs and fees.
Lake County Library: Open Wednesdays from 10am until 8pm. Children 8 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult or responsible adolescent over age 14. Visit http://www.lakecountypubliclibrary.org/ or call 719-486-0569 to inquire about programming and the Library’s Policy on Unattended Children.