Cloud City High School to be in “Red” Status starting Thursday-Nov. 12th
Dear Parent(s)/Guardian(s) of an Cloud City High School Student:
We have learned of a positive COVID-19 case at Cloud City High School. (Note: this is for Cloud City High School only–not Lake County High School)
Each case of COVID-19 is interviewed by public health. As part of this public health investigation:
- The person diagnosed is being kept home from school until they are no longer infectious.
- The person’s activities when they could have spread COVID-19 were assessed.
- The people who were close contacts of the person with positive COVID-19 are instructed to stay home from school for 14 days after the exposure. This is called quarantine.
The individual who tested positive and our staff who had close contact, have been asked to quarantine. We are moving Cloud City High School to “Red” status through Tuesday, Nov. 17th.
We have contacted staff and students who were in direct contact with the person who tested positive to notify them to quarantine.
Starting on Thursday, November 12, your student will work on their assignments online and log into the meeting with their teachers on their cohort day using the Google Meet link they were given at conferences at the end of October. Please contact any Cloud City Staff if your student is unsure what time their meeting is or what link they should use or if they have any questions about their expectations.
We anticipate the return date for hybrid in person learning to be Wednesday, November 18. This date is subject to change based on the health of our school community. Please check the CCHS Website to be sure you know the school’s status before coming to school.
If your child develops symptoms consistent with COVID-19:
- Notify the school.
- Follow these isolation instructions.
- Have your student tested.
- Continue to keep your student home from school and avoid other activities around other people.
- Seek medical care and testing for COVID-19, calling your doctor before you show up.
For students needing meals, please reach out to Julie Mehle @ email@example.com or 719-293-1040 (cell).
If leaving a message, please include your child’s name, address and phone number.
If you have further questions regarding your child’s health or quarantine details, please contact the Heather Moutoux at 719-427-0114 (se habla español)/ firstname.lastname@example.org or your local public health agency.
Thank you for your continued support.
Lake County School District