LCES responds to report of natural gas smell
Dear LCSD Families & Community:
This morning, we received a report of a possible natural gas smell in LCES for one area of the school. Upon report of the smell, students in the area if concern (west area) were moved to the gym and the Leadville/Lake County Fire Department were called to assess the situaution.
The building has been cleared and no health or safety concerns remain at this time. Classes have resumed as normal.
Lake County School District Maintenance will continue to monitor throught the day. Due to the change in weather, we beileve that the smell may have been from a downdraft and venting on the roof. We will address the situatiuon and try to prefent this in the future.
Safety of students and staff are our top proirity and we appreciate the Fire Department assisting and clearing the builidng for our students to continue the day.
Lake County School District