Board of Education-Board Notes for Jan. 2018
Notes from January 8, 2018 Regular Meeting:
- Eudelia Contreras was sworn in to serve for two years in the seat left vacant by Katie Baldassar. Welcome to Eudelia!
- We discussed recent student assessments and our goals for our students’ achievement. One bright spot was that a high percentage of kids who attended the Center and are now at West Park were on grade-level in letter sound fluency, a key pre-reading skill when they entered kindergarten.
- We held our annual evaluation of Wendy Wyman, the superintendent. The results of this evaluation will be made public in coming weeks.
Coming up on February 13 at 7 PM at Lake County High School NOTE THE SPECIAL LOCATION!
- We will focus on Lake County High School and hear from its leadership team about progress toward its goals. Join us to learn more about your high school!
- We will discuss our pre collegiate programs.
- We will get an academic achievement and school culture updates from the superintendent.
Your school board: Amy Frykholm 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624.