Board of Education-Board Notes for Feb. 2018
Notes from February 13 and February 27, 2018:
- We met at Lake County High School to hear from the leadership team about academic achievement, dual enrollment, pre collegiate programs, and the implementation of the new graduation requirements.
- We approved a Master Plan contract as we look toward the future of our school facilities. We will be talking about this with the community in detail as it develops.
- We heard a special update from Kate Bartlett, Mike McHargue, and Bunny Taylor on school safety measures.
- We continued to discuss the Urban Renewal Authority Agreement with our Chief Financial Officer Kate Bartlett and Lake County School District Board Director Stephanie McBride; Stephanie serves as the URA Board Member representing the School District.
Coming up on March 13 at 7 PM at Lake County Intermediate School Library
NOTE THE SPECIAL LOCATION!
- We will focus on the Lake County Intermediate School and hear from its leadership team about progress toward its goals. Join us to learn more about your intermediate school!
- We will be voting on an intergovernmental agreement with our BOCES (Board of Cooperative Educational Services).
- We will be voting on our agreement with the Leadville Urban Renewal Authority.
Your school board: Amy Frykholm 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624.