Lake County Intermediate School in Remote Learning Wednesday (3rd) & Thursday (4th)
Dear parents of LCIS Student(s):
Multiple students and/or staff members at LCIS have been diagnosed with COVID-19. As a result, all of LCIS will need to move to remote learning for the remainder of this week Wednesday, February 3 and Thursday, February 4. A few specific cohorts may need to remain in remote learning for a longer period of time which will be communicated by the classroom teacher and/or school staff.
All classrooms will have virtual class meetings. They will use their Google Meets link connected to the Google Classroom.
- Students in cohort B will log into their Google classrooms at 8AM.
- All students in cohort A will log into their google classrooms at 12PM.
- Your child’s teacher will be reaching out with any additional information your child may need.
For each reported case of COVID-19, LCSD has conducted internal contact tracing and notified any individuals of the need to quarantine. If your child develops symptoms consistent with COVID-19:
- Follow these isolation instructions.
- Continue to keep your child home from school and avoid other activities around other people.
- Notify the school.
- Seek medical care and testing for COVID-19 as appropriate, calling your doctor before you show up.
If you need lunches during this remote learning period for your child, please contact Julie Mehle who is happy to arrange meals for this time. You can call or text her at: 719-293-1040 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or need support to get your child online for their classes, please contact us at 719-486-6830.
Thank you again for your partnership during this time.