Vacancy on the School Board
Dear Lake County Community,
The Lake County School Board has an opening. We will be appointing a new member to the board who will serve until November 2019.
If you are interested, please submit a letter of intention to the District Office (107 Spruce St.) by December 1. You may address this letter to the Lake County Board of Education.
The letter should address four questions:
1) Why do you want to join the school board?
2) What qualifications, experience, and perspective do you bring?
3) What do you think are important issues facing the school district?
4) What is your vision for the Lake County schools? (I.e. where should we be five years from now?)
We will review letters and conduct interviews at the regular December 12 meeting (7 PM District Office). The new board member will be seated at the January 9, 2018 meeting and will be sworn in at this time.
Who can be a school board member?
A school board member must be:
1) registered to vote in Lake County for 12 months before becoming a school board member
2) a resident of Lake County
A school board member may not:
1) work full time for the school district
2) be convicted of any sexual offense against a child
Thank you for your interest. If you have any questions, please call Amy Frykholm 970-333-1342 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Lake County School Board,
Amy Frykholm 970-333-1342
Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155
Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503
Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852