Board of Education-Board notes for March 2018
Notes from March 13:
- The most important work of the meeting was dedicated to Lake County Intermediate School. We heard from Stephanie Gallegos, Emily Blau, and Amanda Good about the school’s work this year. We went through a practice exercise to learn how teachers prepare textually rich and engaging lessons for students—and we noticed that effective teaching is extremely complex. Kudos to all of our hardworking teachers.
- We approved an agreement with our regional BOCES (Board of Cooperative Educational Services).
- We approved an intergovernmental agreement with the Urban Renewal Authority.
Next meeting: April 10 at 7 PM at West Park Elementary School Library
NOTE THE SPECIAL LOCATION!
- We will focus on West Park Elementary and hear from its leadership team about progress toward its goals. Join us to learn more about your elementary school!
- We will hear from Kerri Quinlan, our Healthy Schools Director, about health and wellness efforts in our schools.
- We will discuss our next three-year strategic plan.
Your school board: Amy Frykholm 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624.