Vitalant Blood Drive at Lake County High School-July 9th
Vitalant will host a blood drive on Wednesday, July 9th from 1:00-6:00 pm.
There is more need than ever for blood donations, as blood banks are not being replenished as much as usual due to COVID-19 situation. LCSD has conferred with public health leaders working to facilitate a blood drive here in Leadville to assist with this need.
The school district has worked with both Vitalant, the blood donation center, and Lake County Public Health Agency to ensure precautions are taken to protect donors, including following all social distancing guidelines.
A link to the Vitalant website is here if you have additional questions about their procedures and the extra precautions they are taking with the COVID-19 virus. Potential donors who are not feeling well should not attend the blood drive and should not plan to donate. Blood donors are not tested for Coronavirus but bloos will be tested for the COVID-19 antibodies. Click here for more information on donating and the Coronavirus.
Walk-in appointments will not be available this day. You must sign up for a donation appointment in advance through the Vitalant scheduling system.
What will be different from past drives?
Entrance to the blood drive will be in the back of the high school (3rd Street side) directly into the gym.
- Use the bus lane to park, along either side of the building.
- Donors should plan to maintain 6’ physical distance from one another during time on campus. Wearing personal non-medical face masks is also recommended.
- All entry into the school will be using one set of doors into the LCHS Gym on the West (3rd Street) side directly from the bus lane.
- Donors have the opportunity to wait in their cars. If donors share a cell phone number when registering, Vitalant staff will call or text when ready to begin a donor’s medical interview.
- All donors will exit LCHS to 6th street using the bus lane when finished.