Blood Drive March 5, 2021 ~ 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm ~ In High School Auditorium
There is more need than ever for blood donations, as blood banks are not being replenished as much as usual due to the COVID-19 situation. LCHS has conferred with public health leaders working to facilitate a blood drive here in Leadville to assist with this need.
The high school has worked with both Vitalant, the blood donation center, and Lake County Public Health Agency to ensure precautions are taken to protect donors, including following all social distancing guidelines.
A link to the Vitalant website is here if you have additional questions about their procedures and the extra precautions they are taking with the COVID-19 virus. Potential donors who are not feeling well should not attend the blood drive and should not plan to donate. Blood donors are not tested for Coronavirus. Click here for more information on donating and the Coronavirus.
Walk-in appointments will not be available on this day. You must sign up for a donation appointment in advance through the Vitalant scheduling system.
To sign up to donate, click here and then click on Donate Now in the upper right corner or email Bunny Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Details for Donors
- School will not be in session. Donors will be kept separate from any students who are in the school.
- Donors may park in Main or North Parking Lot. Please use front main doors to enter.
- Donors should plan to maintain 6’ physical distance from one another during time on campus. Wearing personal non-medical face masks is also required.
- Donors have the opportunity to wait in their cars. If donors share a cell phone number when registering, Vitalant staff will call or text when ready to begin a donor’s medical interview.
- Bathrooms in the school will NOT be available for donors.