School Board Opening April 2023
Dear Lake County Community,
The Lake County School Board has an opening. We will be appointing a new member to the board to complete the current terms that expire November 2023 at which point candidates may choose to run for election.
If you are interested, please submit a letter of intention to the District Office (328 West 5th St.) by May 1st. You may address this letter to the Lake County Board of Education.
The letter should address four questions:
1) Why do you want to join the school board?
2) What perspective and experience would you bring to the school board?
3) What do you think are important issues facing the school district?
4) What is your vision for the Lake County schools? (I.e. where should we be five years from now?)
We will review letters and conduct interviews at the regular meeting on May 8 (6:30 PM District Office/Zoom). We hope to seat new board members at the May 22, 2023 meeting and will be sworn in at this time.
Who can be a school board member?
A school board member must be:
1) registered to vote in Lake County for 12 months before becoming a school board member
2) a resident of Lake County
A school board member may not:
1) work full time for the school district
2) be convicted of any sexual offense against a child
Thank you for your interest. If you have any questions, please call Bunny Taylor (719) 293-0783/719-486-6805 or email her at email@example.com
Your Lake County School Board