Board of Education-Board notes for April 2018
Notes from April 10, 2018:
- The most important work of the meeting was dedicated to West Park Elementary. We heard from the instructional leadership team, including Kathleen Fitzsimmons, Allison Riegel, Kelly Ridgeway, and Clare Mulcey. We were especially impressed by the coordinated, active, and engaging expeditions leading up to the Celebration of Learning. It is exciting for us to see the Habits of a Learner becoming second nature for our students and well as the high quality work they are producing.
- Likewise, we received an encouraging report from Kerri Quinlan, the Healthy Schools Director, about health and wellness efforts in the schools. We are very proud of the Gold level Healthy Schools Champion award to our district.
- We discussed new metrics for the strategic plan that will monitor our progress from the 2018-2019 school year to the 2020-2021 school year.
Coming up on May 8 at 7 PM at the District Office
- The BOE will conduct a Year in Review. What were the highlights? What are our struggles? What has this year taught us?
- We will say good-bye to student representative, Bryce Allen, and thank him for his work. Good luck, Bryce!
Your school board: Amy Frykholm 970-333-1342; Stephanie McBride 719-293-0155; Ellie Solomon 303-562-5503; Jeff Fiedler 720-209-8852; Eudelia Contreras 970-406-1624.