Lake County Athletics is proud to announce a partnership with Positive Coaching Alliance. Positive Coaching Alliance teaches coaches and parents how to encourage their athletes with positive reinforcement. With a combination of truthful, specific praise and constructive criticism, an athlete’s performance improves along with their chances of sticking with sports longer.
Positive Coaching Alliance’s mission is to transform the youth sports culture where all youth and high school athletes have a positive, character-building experience that results in better athletes, better people.
In sports, a parent impacts their children’s lives more than they probably realize. Parents who emphasize sports as a developmental opportunity, rather than a win-at-all-cost proposition help their children the most. Positive Coaching Alliance helps you as a sports parent learn the necessary skills to keep your eye the Big Picture -the life lessons in teamwork, resilience, overcoming adversity, communication skills, etc., that sports can uniquely teach.
- 10 Tips for First-Time Sports Parents
- What is a Second-Goal Parent?
- Tips for Coaching Your Own Child
- Doc Rivers, LA Clippers Head Coach Gives Sports Parent Advice on Playing Time
- Additional Resources for Parents
Coaches lead youth athletes in developing their skills and psyches in settings that can offer crushing parental and peer pressure, with a stark line between success and failure, winning and losing on display for all to see. They often spend more time with an athlete than their parents and teachers do. That’s why it is critical that youth athletes have a positive coach. One who not only pursues winning but the even more important goal of teaching life lessons through sports. That way, no matter the outcome of a contest, all athletes can take a valuable, enriching experience and apply it to the rest of their lives.
- Double-Goal Coach Job Description
- Parent/Guardian Meeting Agenda For Coaches
- 11 Tips for the First-Time Coach
- Phil Jackson on Working with Referees
- Additional Resources for Coaches
- How to be a Triple Impact Competitor
- Controlling Your Emotions When Dealing with Officials
- Guidelines for Players Talking to Officials
OTHER HELPFUL LINKS: